Home School Legal Defense Association gives a $20 discount off their yearly membership fee to all HFHG members. Also, if a new HSLDA member adds the HFHG affiliate number on their application to HSLDA, HSLDA will donate $20 to the ministry of HFHG. The HFHG Affiliate number is 5286096.
To find out more information about HSLDA, click here.
Christian Home Educators of Kentucky
Christian Home Educators of Kentucky (CHEK) is a statewide home schooling educational and informational organization established to assist families who choose to educate their children according to the dictates of their conscience and their fundamental rights as parents. CHEK’s goal is to better equip home schoolers with the necessary skills, tools, and information to successfully fulfill their convictions and the God-mandated responsibility to train and educate their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. CHEK represents over 1100 + family members. In addition, we have approximately 3000 families across the Commonwealth of Kentucky on our mailing list.
CHEK Directors, Bro. Joe Adams and Bro. Don Woolett, their wives and Associate Directors Gene and Sandy Lawson and Scott and Devonne Bolin, are volunteers working diligently to protect the conscientious rights of parents to control the education and upbringing of their children according to Biblical principles and Constitutional liberties.
1. To provide Kentucky Christian home educators and Christian home education support groups with a central source of information, Christian fellowship and cooperation.
2. To promote the Biblical mandate as expressed in Deut. 6: 4 -10, Prov. 22:6, Eph. 6:4 and other scripture that parents are to train their children in the nurture and admonition of our Lord.
3. To preserve parental freedom of choice in education and right of conscience as recognized and guaranteed by the Ky. Constitution, Section 5 of the Bill of Rights.
4. To provide home educators and the general public with information about the Biblical, academic, and legal aspects of home education and training.
5. To provide a common ground for families educating their children at home as a matter of Christian conviction, and the ability to commun-icate effectively with officials from the Dept. of Education and others.